Thursday, October 13, 2005

See ya later, fat ass.

So for those of you not familiar with my recent change in eating and exercise habits, I've been on the Body for Life program for about 12 weeks now. I would highly recommend it, as I've lost about 20 pounds of unsightly fat thus far, replacing it with a much more highly desirable muscle type substance. I don't know if I necessarily needed to overhaul my fitness level in this manner, but I think I was sick of the days of struggling between knowing I needed to lose a few pounds and wanting to know just how many marshmallow Peeps I could cram in my mouth at once. But by no means now am I a ripped God of Thunder...yet...but I'm in much better shape than I ever have been, in this lifetime at least. For those on my Italian side of my family, they would say I'm dying or starving, etc. but then again this is from a heritage that would eat pasta, meatballs and Italian bread everyday if at all possible. I know longer fit into any of the clothes I own, and I've recently had to go on a bank-busting shopping spree in order to be able to leave the house in anything more than socks. My recent trip to American Eagle netted me 2 pairs of jeans, 29" and 30" waists...4 sizes smaller than anything I've ever been in. But I digress. My point here is that in the last few months I've become much more aware of food labels, and I think we need labels that are more specific, but in an easy-to-comprehend sort of way. The average American idiot needs to be able to understand what they're eating, so I vote for the following system: Food will from this point on be labeled 'no fat', 'low fat', 'reduced fat', and 'fat, but great personality'. This way, you always know what you're getting. Much more like real life if you ask me. Once I'm back in picture-uploading mode (a.k.a I get my laptop back or a friend lets me load a hundred pictures on their computer) I'll post lots of good stuff from the last month or so. I'd also put up some before and after pics of me, but unfortunately my laptop died shortly after my before-pictures were loaded on it, so I no longer have them. I'll look for some old pics in the meantime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home