Thursday, September 22, 2005

Am I going to hell?

So before I invite your opinions as to if what I did was wrong, I'll update you on my lack of computer situation. Basically, the IBM people are idiots, and my hard drive came in the mail, only to be unaccompanied by the CD's that I need to get the drive up and running. I had to call IBM, wait on hold for 40 minutes, yell at them, then have them send me out the CD's by mail. I'm still waiting for them, at which point I will likely install the software, reinstall the OS, and then sell that titanium bastard. Two times it's crashed on me, and it's not even a Compaq! So I'll be borrowing friend's computers to update pics in the near future.
In the meantime, I'll tell you that I went this past Sunday to the bar around the corner from my house (Bourbon St.) to see my favorite local singer, Ashley Matte. She was sick and was not there, so to placate the angry fans that had showed up to see her, the managers announced that they would be having an Emmy's contest. They handed out forms at the bars to everyone, where we were supposed to fill out our Emmy picks before they started airing on tv at 8pm. It was about 7:30pm at the time, so we had about a half hour to fill out all of our picks (best actress/actor, drama, comedy, director, etc.). But then I thought, wait a minute....they don't air until 8pm, but technically they're well under way because it was 10:30pm on the east coast. So after a brief deliberation as to whether or not my karma would be negatively affected, I decided to call Stefan in NY to get all the answers. The Emmy's were almost over on tv in NY, so just about every category except best drama and best comedy had been announced. So I had to guess on these 2. I wound up getting one of those wrong (I guess Arrested Development for best comedy, but alas it didn't win) so overall only got one incorrect. Needless to say, I won 1st prize, a $50 bar tab. Thanks Stef, I owe you a drink. Now some people have made various comments about how this may not have been the right thing to do, but here's my rationale behind it all: Yes, I'm going to hell, for many reasons other than cheating at a bar contest. And perhaps it was mildly bad Karma to do what I did. But listen, I didn't cheat some 9 year old starving Katrina victim out of money or food. I cheated some drunk out of 8 martinis. See, doesn't that make you feel better? Well it works for me. I'm off to have a drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home