Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Hockey is more fun than you think

Why don't more people I know like hockey? It's so damn cool and fun to watch. When I was younger I hated watching it cuz I could never keep track of the puck. Then I realized I needed glasses. After fixing that minor setback, I've been a fan ever since. Especially my days at Cornell, hurling esoteric Ivy League insults at the opposing team's goalie from my seats...mostly geared towards his family and loved ones, they ranged from PG to NC-17. "Yo momma's linguistic skills are so bad, she makes Frank Mazzacco look like Winston Churchill!" (just google him, you'll be fine). "Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you suck!" Ahh, the good old days.
On a similar note, I bet the first hockey game was played with an animal turd used as a primitive puck. I also bet someone invented the goalie mask by the end of the first period.

3 Comments:

Blogger troy said...

I like watching it, but only in person. it's not a good tv sport.

11:41 PM  
Blogger kinkyrhombus said...

i agree, hockey loses the effect with the boobtube

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hockey was invented in Canada by prison inmates as a means to fight without disciplinary reprocusions from the guards and warden, sorry no animal skin puck. And the goalie mask wasn't invented until the 50's, oddly enough around the same time as the curved blade and slap shot, before that, goalies basically clinically insane. Oh and hockey is definitely better in person.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home