Friday, December 30, 2005

Lesson #1 Dont buy a new refrigerator for my grandfather

So very shortly after I arrived home, the first fiasco began. One of my aunts decided to surprise my grandfather with a brand new fridge, delivered on Christmas Eve. Now if you know my grandfather, you know he doesn't like new things. Old things are perfectly fine for him. And usually,very very old things are even better, especially when it comes to food. Why throw something out if it's not physically making you sick by the odors or gasses come off of it? Depression era, I guess. It just never left him. So when the new fridge came (see below), he started screaming at the delivery guys that he didn't want to new fridge and his was perfectly fine. My other aunt and my brother finally convinced him to take it, but then he yelled at them and kicked them out. Haha you guys got booted! Anyway, he wouldn't let the delivery guys take the old fridge, because god forbid he lose out on yet another useless item sitting in the basement. So that's where he made them put it, down in the basement, where there's just about enough room for a tick to walk sideways through the hallway. It has joined several other refrigerating units down there from the past, and taken its rightful place in the basement museum of formerly used/identifiable goods.
And thus it began, my visit to NY for Christmas.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home