Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Is the Navy for me?

This being San Diego, I thought it might be interesting to take a day to simulate what it would be like to be in the Navy, if in fact I had any desire to live such a life. I mean, everyone I know that's in the Navy does practically nothing, drinks a lot, has large housing stipends and nice cars. So I decided to put it to the test.

Question: Is Navy life for me?

I cut a twin mattress in half and enclose three sides of my bed. I added a roof that prevents me from sitting up (about 10 inches is a good distance for anyone else who wants to try this) then placed it on a platform that is four feet off the floor. I then placed a small dead animal under the bed to simulate the smell of someone else's socks.
I've also ensured that the water heater is connected to a device that provides water at a flow rate that varies from a fast drip to a weak trickle, with the temperature alternating rapidly from -2 to 95 deg C. Then on occasion I smash my forehead or shins with a hammer every two days to simulate collision injuries sustained onboard Navy ships.

Answer: NO

1 Comments:

Blogger kinkyrhombus said...

my navy friend john says you forgot to simulate the every three day poke by your commanding officer as he needs to relieve his testicles.

perhaps this would have changed your result?

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home