Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Dont ever move to LA if you own a car

Good lord, I'm in Santa Monica right now for work, which if I didn't ever leave my hotel area would be awesome. I'm right near the ocean, the pier, and the famed "3rd Street Promenade". I can walk to wherever I want. But I decided tonight to go visit a friend of mine from Cornell that I haven't seen in quite a while. He's in law school at UCLA, so I drove over to the campus where he lives. According to Mapquest, it was 6.1 miles from my hotel to his apartment, door to door. Left my hotel, got in my car, and 42 fucking minutes later I arrived at UCLA. Are you serious!? 42 minutes to go 6 miles? Let me repeat that for you just so I can be sure you're taking the journey with me...42 minutes to go 6 miles. Well smack my ass, repeatedly call me Santa and stick a leash on me (safety word is banana), cuz that's just fucking insane. LA is cool I suppose, but I officially could never live here simply because of the traffic.
p.s. I'd take pictures but I dropped my camera a while back and it broke. If anyone wants to buy me one it'd be a great early St. Patrick's Day present. If you want to know what it looks like here, picture thousands of cars on the highway, sitting perfectly still.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pimpin' said...

Dude! It was 75 degrees outside today, a little traffic is just God's way of making sure you're not too happy here--and it's a good reason to buy a convertible.
(by the way, I budget 45 minutes for the santa monica -> UCLA drive, but would *never* take the freeway)

1:12 AM  
Blogger kinkyrhombus said...

it's that side of LA. 6.1 miles on the (boo?) USC side consists mainly of fast driving and running over the multitude of racial minorities

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home