Thursday, November 17, 2005

Work is busy and so am I

Anyone ever seen that movie Marathon Man, when the old Nazi war criminal went to the jewelry district in New York hoping to sell a bunch of stolen diamonds, and instead got recognized by several of his former death camp victims, and he had to kill several people to create a diversion in order to escape? Well, as the practice manager for 17 clinics, my job is like that pretty much every day.
That said, I'll be making my escape tomorrow up to LA. Not that it's for anything extremely exciting or fascinating, so before you get jealous, realize 2 things:
1) It's L.A.
2) It's for a marching band festival

Yeah, I'm a dork. But I used to go watch them when I was in high school cuz they're actually pretty fun...The big sounds, the thundering bass drums, the whack of the snares, the growl of the horns...and the really really gay outfits. I'd actually like to compare what they do out here to what I've seen in NY. Plus I could say that it's not my idea and I was just invited along by the true dorks who attend this event every year. But I won't. Should be interesting regardless.
So I'm leaving tomorrow and will be back late Saturday night, just in time to drink, pass out, and wake up to go to the Chargers/Bills game, woo hoo! So you may not hear much from me on here for a few days, but don't fret. I shall return, undoubtedly with wonderfully exciting pictures of really silly looking band geeks.
I would leave you with some proverbial wisdom or inspirational quote, but I hate platitudes...and most other species of Australian wildlife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home