Saturday, January 29, 2005

Getting teeth pulled kinda sucks

So today is Saturday, one day after I had 3 wisdom teeth ripped from my gums in an hour-long dental adventure. Although the process wasn't painful, as I was heavily numbed throughout my whole face, I was nevertheless awake and fully conscious for the whole exciting event. The office I go to is quite state-of-the art, which alleviated any concerns I had regarding quality, but raised some regarding the price I was paying for the operation. But I did some research, and my rate was pretty damn good for what I had done. All the exam rooms have music pumped into them through the walls, and each music is tailored to the patient's preferences. This was nice and soothing, although I can't help but wonder if it was designed in an attempt to comfort patients or drown out the screaming coming from other rooms. Based on my experience, I'd say it's the former, because no immediate pain was involved for me. In fact, I got to watch tv and listen to frank sinatra as the dentist carved my mouth open with a drill. The splash guard they gave me was a nice touch as well. Although he called it a "water guard", I called him out on that one. Who knew I bled water? Last night sucked, though. As I drove home, the drugs started to wear off, and I rushed to the drug store to pick up my pain medication. Luckily, I mentioned before my surgery that I had a pain tolerance about on par with that of a 6 year-old girl, and was given the strongest form of prescription Vicodin available. Needless to say, I am currently under the impression that I am the God of light and night-time is just my way of playing a practical joke on those who can't afford electricity.
More to come when I am of sound mind and can chew solid food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home