Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Yay Chargers, yay Bills (sort of)

So as a die hard Bills fan, I couldn't have been happier when my friend Laura asked me if I wanted her extra ticket to the Chargers/Bills game. With a resounding YES, I accepted her offer, and in no time we were heading to the game this past Sunday. We didn't hit too much traffic getting there, which made me think it was gonna be a great day! But that thought quickly disappeared when we entered the stadium and saw the "Parking: $17" sign. Holy shitballs. I couldn't believe it. I've never parked at the stadium before, so little did I know, the $17 cash in my pocket would be exactly enough to get us to the tailgating area. Laura didn't have any money on her at all, so I'm not sure what we would've done if I didn't have enough. So with an empty wallet, we parked and met up with some coworkers of Laura's to tailgate. Luckily they had free food and Laura brought drinks. We drank, ate, and drank some more. I waked around and met a bunch of Bills fans from NY, particularly Rochester, Buffalo, and other cities in central NY. It was cool to meet other San Diego transplants from the same area as Laura and I.
We had really good seats (about the 30 yard line) and had a great time, even though Buffalo got killed. Of course, living here now, I've become a bit of a Charger fan, but I never cheered against the Bills, and it hurt quite a bit for us to watch their huge loss. But all in all a fun day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chase Parker said...

You get no sympathy! Free parking could have been yours if you were better at returning messages :)

And your seats were not far from my booth. Nice!

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home