Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Palm Springs Stroke Recovery Center ----->

This was a sign that we saw on our way into Palm Springs this past weekend. A bunch of us went there for this past holiday weekend, and not too soon after we arrived into town, we realized the expansiveness of the senior population. I think as we got closer to the city, the drivers got older...and gayer. There was a bear convention in town that weekend, but luckily we had no run-ins with any browns or blacks. Damn that made me sound like a racist. But I'm not I swear...I love the blacks! Anyway, that's no surprise for this town (although the distinct smell of semen in the neighborhood air was a bit disconcerting. And no, I'm not kidding. It was quite strange and at first quite distracting, but by Saturday we didn't smell it anymore. I think we just got used to it. That's even more disconcerting). I felt my skin wrinkling as we crossed the city line. But no worries, that couldn't stop us from having a good time. We rented a great house in a nice neighborhood for 3 days and did some good 'ol fashioned relaxing. And some drinking. And for one of us, some alcohol-induced vomiting. But don't worry Mike, I won't won't tell anyone who that was. We swam, ate, drank, slept, and for our big adventure went up to Mt. San Jacinto, taking a tramway up 8,000 feet to an incredibly windy and freezing mountain top. Not many of us were dressed appropriately for the temperature at the top, so we didn't stay much longer than it took to walk the trail. Too bad, really. It would've been great to enjoy the crisp outdoors...until the point where I can't feel my ears anymore. Then I wanna go back to the heated pool.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Chris-

Totally unrelated but Steven Seagal is actually the guy who taught Aikido to the head instructor where I go to class. He is also a mildy overweight giant who can throw me around like a rag doll.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home