Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween bitches!

It's that time of year again! Crazy costumes and candy till you puke, woo hoo! Since today is officially Halloween, I'll wait until tomorrow to post all the pics from the last 3 days, including our Halloween spectacular at work this afternoon and my kick-ass costume. Gotta love an organization that completely stops all work at 2pm in order to eat sugary shit and get drunk. I'm sure the pics will be good. In the meantime, I'll tell you that a few of us went to the Balboa Park Haunted Trail on Saturday night. I was gonna hang out with Emily and company, but she prefaced the weekend by telling me she was stealing my costume idea because it was just too perfect, and that we couldnt go the same places on Saturday. I responded by not accepting her calls all weekend, which was probably a mistake, since one of her calls on Saturday turned out to be a message saying she wasn't doing my costume anymore. Guess I should've checked that message earlier. But I say, it shouldn't have even been an option for her. There are plenty of good ideas out there! I wanted to wear nothing but a pair of jeans...no shirt, no shoes or socks, and go as "Premature Ejaculation". So when people ask me how that costume is premature ejaculation, I can say "Because I just came in my pants!". Hehe. But it wouldve taken too much work to explain that to everyone I saw, so I decided against it. The one I went with you'll see pics of soon. So back to the haunted trail...I don't have pics so I'll just give you the quick skinny....CRAZY LONG line to get in, but a damn scary trail for sure. We waited for about 45 minutes just to buy the tickets and get in the line to enter the trail. But those fuckers are smart at Balboa Park. They hide the real line from you so that you don't freak out and leave because it's so long. There was a blacked out fence that blocked the view of the weaving line of 800 people, so when we were in line for tickets we just assumed we'd be in within 10 or 20 minutes.....Two and a half hours later, we were finally admitted to the trail. Just picture one of those lines for the most popular roller-coaster at the amusement park. Luckily we were a clever bunch and amused ourselves quite easily. Darlene taught me how to "double-talk" (it's very hard, next time you talk to me, ask if you wanna learn. I'm still practicing), and I taught her how to "be" talk. It's much easier than double talk...you just insert the word "be" in between every word you say. It be sounds be funny be but be is be harder be than be you be think be to be say be fast! We also played various drinking games, sans the alcohol, but oh well. The trail was worth it, though. The 4 of us locked arms and walked through the whole trail gladiator-style, with everyone looking in a different direction so as to spot the hiding bastards before they could get us. It didn't work. We were all terrified and screamed like little girls. I was even thrown into a wall by Troy, who was so panic-stricken that my safety was no longer an issue...he was doing everything possible to get away from some guy in a freaky black-robed costume (admittedly, he was pretty damn frightening). His efforts to get away included pushing me forward at top speed, slamming me shoulder-first, right into a wall of the enclosure we were walking through. Thanks buddy! Unfortunately cameras were not allowed, so you'll just have to picture the events unfolding. Maybe I'll show you the stains on my jacket from the wall.
The rest of the weekend will be up soon. I'm gonna go put my shoulder back into its socket...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home